Integrating your Shopify or Shopify Plus account with Bloomreach Engagement enables you to analyze Shopify data, execute omnichannel marketing campaigns, and use Bloomreach Engagement's AI-driven capabilities on your Shopify store – all that without the need to rely on hundreds of ad-hoc plugins.
Bloomreach Engagement loads customer base, historical orders/purchases and product catalogs from Shopify and then regularly imports delta product catalogs from Shopify Products API. Bloomreach Engagement also subscribes and listens for new updates on customers and orders from Shopify backend.
Whether it is sending email campaigns, push notifications, creating experiments or just analyzing your Shopify data, the Bloomreach Engagement Shopify Integration helps the whole process to be as simple and efficient as possible.
Time to complete
Initial Integration: >10 Minutes
Web Integration: A few days
- Log in to your Shopify account and click on Apps.
- Click on Develop apps.
- Click Create an app.
- Complete the field
App namewith a descriptive name (we recommend Bloomreach Engagement Integration). Complete the field
App developerwith a responsible technical person. Then click on Create app.
- Switch to 'Configuration' and then click on Configure button to configure Admin API integration
- Update "Required user permissions".
Required user permissions
To be able to this in your Shopify account you need the following user permissions:
Select 'read_customers', 'read_orders' and 'read_products' from the list. Then click on Save button.
- After Admin API integration you can continue with installing the app. Click on Install app.
- Go to Develop apps.
- Select the integration you have just created from your list of developed apps.
- Open a new window and go to Bloomreach Engagement – be sure to leave your Shopify window open as well. You will need to copy your Shopify Shop domain.
- In Bloomreach Engagement, open Integrations, as shown below.
- Click on Add a new integration.
- Start typing Shopify in the search field to find the integration.
- Click + Add.
- To continue, please read through the Shopify Terms & Conditions. If you agree to them, tick the box and hit Continue.
- On the next screen you will see 4 IDs that need to be set up in your project. Please be sure these are set up before you continue and match exactly, ID names are not customizable.
You don't need to fill anything in here – just be sure these IDs have been set up. The integration will automatically use these IDs once it starts working.
- Go to the API credentials of your Shopify project and keep the window open to copy the relevant information.
- Paste the URL of your Shopify Shop domain into your Bloomreach Engagement account to the “Connect project with Shopify” field under the newly created integration. Then copy and paste the relevant information as shown in the picture. (Shopify on the left, Bloomreach Engagement on the right).
- Now you can move on to web integration. You will need a technical person to complete the integration by making a few front-end modifications. This will take less than a few hours to complete.
After the web integration is complete, the data will start coming in. Events from the API should appear instantly after the set-up is finished (remember to click Save integration). Regular catalog imports and customer and purchase historical data can be found in Bloomreach Engagement under imports.
Take a coffee break before all the imports will be visible as it might take a while before the whole import is finished.
Shopify Front-end integration for Bloomreach Engagement
This repository contains liquid snippets that can enable standardized front-end tracking of e-commerce events on your Shopify Plus website.
Using Shopify instead of Shopify Plus
Using the non-Plus version of Shopify does not allow you to customize your checkout page, thus, not allowing you to add checkout tracking. This means that Bloomreach Engagement cannot track the checkout steps.
Bloomreach Engagement script runs only on the final checkout step, and therefore Bloomreach Engagement cannot personalize the previous steps of the checkout process.
Updated 22 days ago