Infobip SMS/MMS Provider
Infobip SMS integration is an additional provider handling text messages with more granular delivery reports and tracking.
In this guide, we provide you with the following:
- how to set up the integration,
- use cases,
- what events are tracked,
- and general limitations.
Initial set up
Infobip SMS integration has to be initially set up by our SMS specialist. After that, you can utilize the new integration and set it up on the project level to start using it.
Setting up the integration
Follow these steps to start using your Infobip integration:
- To access the Infobip SMS integration, go to Data & Assets > Integration > Infobip SMS.
- Set up Infobip as your SMS provider according to their site. The integration includes tracking of enqueued messages too.
- The required API Key is provided by Infobip.
If you want to have Infobip SMS integration as your default SMS provider, go to Project settings > Channels > SMS and select it from the drop-down menu. Make sure you have admin rights to do so.
Here are some examples when you can use Inforbip SMS/MMS integration and it is beneficial for you:
- Creates a new channel for omnichannel campaigns
- SMS Double Opt-In Subscription Banner with Automated SMS confirmation and Consent Management
- Abandoned Cart personalized messages
- Abandoned Browse reminders
- Follow-up messages for unopened email offers
- Flash sale notifications
- Price drop product notifications
- Product availability notifications
- Shipping notifications
- Encourages phonebook/list hygiene
- Collects NPS responses or customer feedback by SMS reply
Default event tracking is as a "campaign" event with action_type = "sms". Events can be mapped to a different event name in Project settings > Campaigns > Mapping > Campaign events.
Bloomreach Engagement tracks campaign event (or mapped event) with these properties:
|Describes if a message was or was not successfully forwarded to the SMS provider for delivery.|
|status||“delivered”||The message was successfully delivered to the recipient's handset.|
|Describes if a message was rejected by Infobip or delivery failed later.|
|status_code||numerical value, e.g.: 400||See Infobip's Delivery report error codes and SMPP error codes.|
|error||e.g.: "EC_UNIDENTIFIED_SUBSCRIBER"||See Infobip's Delivery report statuses.|
|comment||e.g.: "The number does not exist or it has not been assigned to any active subscriber in the operator’s user database."||Optional detailed error message.|
|number_of_message_parts||number||Count of message parts.|
Infobip delivery reports
Delivery reports provide clarity about how many messages and when they have been delivered to recipients' handsets. Infobip integration tracks delivery report events, which can be used in campaign evaluation. In particular, Infobip calls Bloomreach Engagement callback with delivery reports either immediately, as status rejected; or later as statuses delivered and failed, when the recipient's operator responds about the delivery.
SMS campaign events are:
- delivered - a successful delivery to recipient's handset
- rejected - a rejection by Infobip
- failed - an unsuccessful delivery
For some delivery reports, it may take up to 4 days to receive them, depending on the destination country and operator. It may be helpful to know that all possible delivery reports are tracked in the first 4 days after dispatching the message.
Some countries shall not provide delivery reports, including these: Bangladesh, Benin, Brazil, Burundi, Cambodia, Germany, Guadeloupe, Guam, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Kuwait, Malaysia, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mexico, Nauru, Northern Mariana Islands, Pakistan, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Peru, Samoa, Solomon Islands, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tajikistan, Timor-Leste, Tonga, Tuvalu, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Wallis & Futuna Islands.
Updated about 2 months ago