The pixel report shows a drop in the product page view as depicted in the image below.
The following are the possible reasons for this issue to occur:
- Certain issues with the Pixel such as misclassification of ptype.
- Product_id missing in the Pixel report or not matching with the PIDs supplied in the feed.
This issue usually occurs in the Production environment if the Pixel implementation is not properly done, this can occur in both the Staging and Production environments.
According to the product documentation, any product, product bundle, product collection or SKU set needs to be classified as br_data.ptype = “product”
- Check the Pixel end-to-end and ensure that the “ptype” is defined properly. To know more about Pixel check, refer to this document.
- Ensure that the Prod_id is getting captured properly and it shows the same PID in the feed.
- You can download the examples from the pixel monitor. Also, you should be able to validate the site using the pixel validator extension.
In certain cases, the issue is with Pixel implementation. It could also be due to backend pipeline failure. However, if it is because of pipeline failure, the data would be missing completely for all the reports. In that case, please reach out to Bloomreach Support.
To fix this issue:
If the issue is with “ptype”, contact your technical team to get the “ptype” corrected. It should be br_data.ptype = “product”
If the issue is with missing or mismatched Prod_id in the report, check the implementation and fix the Pixel.
Did this article help you?
Please provide your feedback. We would like to know if our help center is effective in solving your queries. You can also leave comments and suggestions on how we can make our help articles better. You can also suggest topics you’d like us to cover.
Updated about 1 month ago