Similar Products Widget
We recommend that you read the following guide:
- Widget Configurator: This will help you understand the process of creating a widget. We’ll be using a similar process to configure a Similar Products Widget.
- Make sure you have integrated Recommendations and Pathways with your site. Visit this article for more details.
What is Similar Products Widget
This item-based widget enables you to recommend a range of similar products, and these recommendations are based on the product feed data.
Similar Products widget intelligently leverages product data to show the most contextually appropriate products. For example, if a user views a “Simpsons backpack,” the Similar Products widget might display recommendations for other backpacks with similar features.
Showing similar products encourages the shopper to explore your product catalog and discover other products they might be interested in buying. Similar Products Widgets can be placed on Product Description pages to create a relevant browsing experience.
Additionally, you can add Similar Products widgets to the Cart page to upsell customers while they check their cart items.
Similar Products Widget Algorithm - How it Works
The Similar Products Widget is powered by the Similar Products algorithm. Here’s an overview of how this robust machine learning-based algorithm works:
- Selecting Product Features
All the relevant product features are extracted from the product data you send us, and they are sent to the candidate generation algorithm. This feature data is used to train our algorithms for generating the best recommendation candidates.
- Candidate Generation
We pass the collected product features information through the pre-trained BERT model and compute product similarity scores. The algorithm then predicts the potential top 200 similar products recommendations candidates.
How to configure the Similar Products Widget
Pathways & Recommendations to view the Widget Configurator.
Add the Widget Basic Info like
Widget Name and
Then, select the Primary Algorithm and Secondary Algorithm for the widget.
- Primary Algorithm: From the Primary Algorithm dropdown, select “Similar Products” as the Primary Algorithm.
- Secondary Algorithm: Choose the fallback algorithm for the Similar Products algorithm from the following options:
- Best Seller
- Trending Products
- Recently Viewed
You can also set the Result size and FL list for the widget. When you finish adding the widget's basic information, click Next Step to proceed.
Under the Product Grid tab, apply the merchandising rules for the Widget as described here. Click Save to save the widget configurations.
Once the widget is configured, note the widget_id. The widget ID will be required in the API call.
How to access this Feature
Already using Similar Products V1: If you are already using Similar Products V1, we recommend that you upgrade to Similar Products V2. Please reach out to Support to access the latest feature version.
Live Customers: If you are already live, please reach out to Support to enable this feature.
Integrating Customers: Please reach out to your Technical Services representative who is helping with your integration.
- Ensure that you have integrated Recommendations and Pathways pixels properly. These pixels capture customer behavioral data that help populate relevant widget recommendations. You can validate your pixel integration using the Pixel Validator.
- Ensure that you send the right product feed information. The Similar Product algorithm uses both user behavior and product information to build an intelligent model that generates similar product recommendations. Providing good data can improve the model's performance and lead to better product recommendations.
- Similar Products widget will support French and German language sites in the next feature phase.
Updated 3 months ago