🚀 This feature is coming soon! Please contact your Bloomreach representative for feature trial.
Visual Search empowers your customers to search for products visually. It displays visually similar shoppable recommendations that make product discovery personalized and engaging.
Visual Search is especially valuable when shoppers are looking for hard-to-describe products. They can simply upload the product image and hit the search button. This encourages them to explore your vast product catalog without typing a single word!
Such effortless and enjoyable shopper experiences often result in higher AOV and faster conversions.
We will power Apparel sites with Visual Search in this feature iteration.
The Visual Search leverages a powerful machine-learning engine that:
- Collects the image input uploaded by the shopper
- Identifies and extracts the primary objects in the image
- Enables shoppers to choose one of the extracted objects using the hotspot tag
- Generates similar product recommendations
The example below demonstrates Visual Search in action.
- Go to Pathways & Recommendations > Widget Configurator
- Click Add Widget. This opens up the Widget Configuration modal.
- Enter the Widget Name.
- Choose the Visual Search option from the Primary Algorithm dropdown.
- After adding the basic widget information, click Next Step.
- Now apply the desired merchandising or attribute-based customizations. Please note that Slotting operations (Lock in Place/Position) are not supported.
- To view the Visual Search widget results with the applied customizations, click “Preview.”
- In the Preview module, you can simply upload a new image to view the matching product suggestions. Click on the yellow hotspot tag to view targeted search results for the identified objects. Additionally, the widget recall shows your merchandising customizations.
- Once you’ve made the desired customizations and previewed the results, click Save. Your newly created widget now appears on the Widget Configurator homepage with its Widget Id. This Widget Id can then be used in the Visual Search API calls.
Please note that the Visual Search widget is not supported on the Widget Query level.
Visual Search offers a set of APIs that allow you to upload the input image, fetch identified objects in the image, and retrieve matching product recommendations.
Check out the API specifications to learn more about the functionality.
This feature is coming soon!
Live customers: Please contact the Bloomreach Support team if you’re interested.
Integrating customers: Please contact your Technical Services representative who is helping with your integration.
- We recommend that you include all the product images when sending your catalog to Bloomreach.
Updated 21 days ago