We recommend that you review the following guide:
- Query Relaxation: This guide introduces you to the Query Relaxation feature. Query Relaxation to Brand Name is a feature extension that supplements the Query Relaxation capability.
When none of the terms in a search query match any product in the feed, Bloomreach leverages the Query Relaxation feature to extract the product type from the query and retrieve matching products.
But what happens if a shopper searches for a query like "Adidas prime 6" where they don't specify any product type but mention the brand name?
Query Relaxation to Brand Name feature addresses this use case effectively. If the query has a brand name but no identifiable product type, this feature relaxes the query to the brand name and retrieves matching product results. This eliminates null results and displays relevant products corresponding to the shopper’s search intent.
Please note that the brand values will be extracted from your feed.
- Live Customers: Please contact Support to enable this feature.
- Integrating Customers: Please contact your Technical Services representative who is helping with your integration.
- Is there an additional charge for a customer to turn on this feature?
No additional charge.
- Does this feature increase latency?
There might be a very slight increase in latency.
- What happens if there is a product type and a brand name in the query?
Product type always takes precedence for query relaxation.
- What happens if there is no product type, but multiple brand names in the query?
We relax the query to the leftmost brand name from the query.
Updated about 1 month ago