This page is an overview of the Bloomreach pixels and a guide to getting started with the pixel integration.
Pixel are an important part of your integration because of the following reasons:
- Bloomreach uses the information captured by the pixels to learn about your site and your customers to dynamically optimize Bloomreach features.
- It is the primary component to generate site analytics (Insights) that give you visibility into how customers use your site (and track conversions) so that you can take informed, strategic decisions to grow your business.
The Bloomreach pixels added to your site, loads along with the rest of your site’s code. When a customer visits your site, the pixels pick up activities as events and sends them to Bloomreach.
The pixels must be added to every page and every version of your site, including desktop, mobile, and tablet. A typical strategy includes simply adding the tracking code snippet to your global footer.
Bloomreach provides pixels support for the following implementations:
Don't add Pixels to pages where PII is passed
Some pages include Personally Identifiable Information (PII), especially registration pages and secure login pages, payment details pages, delivery information pages, account settings pages, etc. Bloomreach does not collect PII. We recommend against integrating the pixels on pages with this kind of information.
Do not add the pixels on pages where PII is passed. The pixel itself is fully compliant with SSL. Bloomreach ensures maximum privacy for your customers and does not track changes on pages where PII is entered or exchanged within your website.
Add manually by installing the Pixel on your site
The Bloomreach pixel consists of 5 event tags for tracking Page Views, Add to Cart, Search, Suggest and Quick View actions. Learn more.
Add using a Tag Manager
If your website uses a tag manager such as GTM, Tealium or Ensighten, you can use your tag manager to easily place the Bloomreach Pixel on your website. Learn more.
For the best optimization and personalization, ensure that every page has the pixels installed.
To integrate Bloomreach pixels on your native app, you must generate HTTP GET requests to one of the following secure endpoints:
- https://p.brsrvr.com/pix.gif (for North America)
- https://p-eu.brsrvr.com/pix.gif (for Europe)
- If you are not from North America or Europe, Bloomreach will advise you on which endpoint to use during integration, but you may use either endpoints. Consult your Bloomreach representative if you are unsure.
The analytics data for each request is encoded in the URL query string as parameter pairs, such as &type=pageview. Each parameter pair has a key and value, and must follow the requirements given below:
- Format should be in key-value pair. For example: key=value
- Multiple pairs should be delimited by an ampersand "&". For example, key1=value1&key2=value2
- Must be UTF-8
- The value must be percent-encoded
- Parameters must be appended to the end of the endpoint. For example: https://p.brsrvr.com/pix.gif?acct_id=&type=pageview
If the HTTP request is received, we return a 200 status code. The Content-Type will be image/gif and the content will be a 1x1 transparent gif image.
The HTTP response does not return an error code if the data was malformed, or if the data in the payload was incorrect or was not processed by Bloomreach. If you do not get a 200 status code, you should not retry the request. Instead, verify your HTTP request to ensure that it does not contain any errors.
For more information on integrating pixels on Native App, look out for Native App Implementation sections within each pixel integration page. This integration works differently than the web based pixels.
By default, all Bloomreach integrations will need the core Bloomreach pixels. Additionally, there are different Bloomreach pixels for optimising different features. You will need different pixels based on the Bloomreach solution that you are integrating.
The core pixels for Bloomreach consists of the following types based on interactions:
- Page View Pixels for tracking Global, Virtual, Product, Category, Content, Search, Conversion pages.
- Event Pixels for tracking Add-to-cart (ATC), Search, Suggest, and Quick View events.
Based on the feature that you are integrating, you will need additional pixels other than the core pixels. The feature specific pixels are additive, so you will need only to add a few additional pixel variables. To get a quick view of the variables, go to the Pixel Reference page.
The feature specific pixels available are:
The table below gives you a quick reference to the pixels you will need for your integration based on the feature:
Organic Search (brSEO)
SEO tracking is captured by defining the ptype and sid variables. Learn more here.
Recommendations and Pathways
The Recommendations and Pathways tracking is captured via the widget-view, widget-click and widget-add-to-cart pixels.
Relevance by Segment
The Relevance by Segment feature is tracked via the segment name which you choose to pass to the pixel.
The steps to implement the Bloomreach pixels are summed up below:
Add Bloomreach Core Pixels
Add Product Specific Pixels (optional)
Verify Pixels (test pixel configurations)
For help or feedback on the Bloomreach pixel integrations, please contact your Bloomreach representative.
Updated 29 days ago