This report helps you discover the query keywords that return no product results on your site. Showing no results for a query leads to bad end-user experience and usually causing your end-users to leave the site as no results are shown for the keywords they are searching. Providing insights for such keywords can help site search optimizers to optimize (by adding synonym, rules, etc.) result in pages for such queries and can considerably improve the end-user experience.
The report by default provides keywords searched on the merchant site for the last 30 days. During the duration, it might be possible that for some of the keywords, the search results may have been automatically optimized via Bloomreach Search or may have been manually updated.
To view a full and detailed report for No Search Keywords:
- Go to Merchandising > Site Search > Analytics.
- Click on the No Search Keywords report link from the navigation. The No Search Keywords opens in a new tab and appears as shown below:
You can filter out results based on whether a filter was applied to the search query. Select a filter type from the Filter Applied dropdown menu on the right.
- False (default value) – Returns search results where no filter has been applied to the search category.
- True – Returns search results where one or more filters have been applied to the search category.
- All – Returns search results with or without filters applied.
- Query: The query keywords user searched on the site for which no results are returned.
- Device Type: The Device on which the query is made. For example Mobile, Desktop, etc.
- Domain Key: The domain key for the merchant.
- View ID: The View ID for the merchant in case multiple site views are configured on the site.
- Channel: The Source from where the query is made on the site.
- Date / Month / Year: Allows to view query keywords and other metrics date wise.
- Browse Sessions: The browse sessions metric in this report is the number of search sessions for the given keywords i.e the number of times keyword is searched on the site.
- Bounced Sessions: The bounced session for a search query is the session with no product views.
- Days of Occurrence: The days of occurrence provides information regarding the days in the selected time period when the query keyword is searched on the site.
You can view the No Search Results Keyword trends in the graphical form using any of the provided metrics: Browse Sessions or Bounced Sessions. You can also choose to compare data in the graph by selecting Browse Sessions vs Bounced Sessions and vice versa. Use the drop-down option available on the top right-hand for selecting metrics to view and compare. A snapshot of the this option is given below:
There are two ways to receive the No Search Results Key for your site:
- Email: To get the report via email, click on the Email icon on the top left corner of the report.
Download: To download the report directly to your system, click on the Download button on the top left corner of the report.
7 Day Rolling Average: Selecting this option shows the graph plotted by taking the arithmetic mean for a selected metric for a time period of 7 days.
Trendline: Selecting this option shows the general pattern for the metrics in the graph.
Zero Search Result Optimizations
Bloomreach optimizes search results dynamically to avoid null results being shown to your customers. So you might notice keywords that do return results although it is appearing in the No Search Result Keywords report. This is due to any of the following optimizations:
- Synonyms: This report by default provides keywords searched on the merchant site for the last 30 days. In this duration, it might be possible that for some of the keywords, the search results may have been automatically optimized via Bloomreach Synonyms or may have been manually updated to the Synonyms list.
Updated 3 months ago