The Add to Cart event contains a “prod_id” parameter that captures the product ID of the product added to the cart. If this parameter in this event is empty or missing, there is an error.
- Reach out to Bloomreach Support for a list URLs where “prod_id” is not set on the Add to Cart events.
- Go to that URL. It is usually a product URL.
- Add the product on the page to the cart. An Add to Cart event is generated.
- Verify the event to check if the product id attribute is empty.
- Bloomreach’s Pixel Checker Chrome extension also flags this pixel issue since “prod_id” is a required field for Add to Cart event.
The most common reason for this error is that the pixel implementation is not capturing the product id for the Add to Cart event.
Once you have debugged the issue, reproduce the issue and using the Simple Pixel tool, fix the pixel implementation. Reach out to the Bloomreach Support team if you have any questions and are not able to solve the issue.
Did this article help you?
Please provide your feedback. We would like to know if our help center is effective in solving your queries. You can also leave comments and suggestions on how we can make our help articles better. You can also suggest topics you’d like us to cover.
Updated 5 days ago