Synonyms not Working as Expected
Synonym rule is not affecting the result set of the query.
To investigate the issue and the reason, follow the steps below:
- Check if the synonym rule is created correctly in the dashboard.
- Check if the synonym is applied on the ranking diagnostics.
- Check if there are any ranking rules applied on the query that might be removing the expected products.
- Check if there is a global search rule in effect that may be blocking your results.
- There are certain limitations in which synonyms may not work as expected. For example, A -> B, B -> C does not mean A -> C. Refer to the documentation for more information and check for these limitations.
- Once you have verified all the above conditions and the problem still exists, raise a ticket on the Bloomreach Support Portal and include the API call.
Bloomreach Discovery Product Documentation
Did this article help you?
Please provide your feedback. We would like to know if our help center is effective in solving your queries. You can also leave comments and suggestions on how we can make our help articles better. You can also suggest topics you’d like us to cover.
Updated 4 months ago