Search and Merchandising Feature APIs
The APIs that you need to deploy for your Bloomreach Search and Merchandising integration depend on which features your organization licensed. Your Bloomreach representative can help you determine which feature APIs and use cases are relevant to your integration.
- Product search API is for retrieving product search results.
- Content search API is for retrieving non-product search results, such as videos and blog posts.
- Category API is for retrieving search results within categories of items.
- Pathways and Recommendations API is for retrieving search results for user-based recommendations.
- Bestseller API is for retrieving search results of bestselling products.
- Autosuggest API is for suggesting queries, categories, and products while your site visitor enters a search query.
- JFY API (deprecated) is for the Product Recommendations and Dynamic Categories feature, which suggests products and categories based on an individual site visitor's browsing patterns.
- MLT API (deprecated) is for showing site visitors products that are similar to other products they viewed or searched for.
Where do I start?
Each of the feature APIs help your site visitors search for products and content on your site. A good place to start is with the product search API, particularly this scenario-based walkthrough: Walkthrough — Build a product search results page. The product search API is the most comprehensive of the Search and Merchandising APIs: once you understand how to create product search calls, it's generally easy to create calls with other search APIs. Search use cases has a collection of use cases that modify the essential use case in Walkthrough — Build a product search results page.