For front-end developers, integrating with Bloomreach Content involves the following aspects:
- Enabling the SPA to consume content and configuration stored in and managed through Bloomreach Content, in order to deliver them to the end-user in a site or app UI.
- Integrating the page preview and editing capabilities of the Experience manager app in the SPA such that Site Editors can control the content and structure of the page(s) driven by the SPA without a need for a front-end developer to deploy a new version of the SPA.
The Delivery API provides REST endpoints for front-end applications to retrieve JSON representations of:
- A list of available channels
- Pages in a channel, including all the components, content items, and menus of which those pages are comprised
- A specific document in the context of a channel
The SDK is the preferred and the only supported way to integrate the Bloomreach Content platform with any application. Using the SDK ensures:
- Security and bug fixes
- Support when encountering problems
- Support for new features as they added to Bloomreach Content
- Out-of-the-box for the preview and editing capabilities of the Experience manager app
Bloomreach strongly discourages custom frontend integrations that forgo using the SPA SDK. While possible, this approacj is not supported by Bloomreach and is not guaranteed to work with future changes to the Content platform.
While integrating Bloomreach Content in your front-end application, you'll typically also need to have a good understanding of the following subjects:
Updated 3 months ago