Welcome to Bloomreach Content, a headless content management system with the APIs and flexibility to power any front end while retaining powerful personalization and authoring capabilities!
This guide helps new developers get started with the platform. Step-by-step through a series of milestones, you'll learn the first steps of developing websites using Bloomreach Content:
- Milestone 1: Create a Channel
- Milestone 2: Create a Frontend App
- Milestone 3: Set up a Development Project
- Milestone 4: Create a Component
- Milestone 5: Create a Complex Component Data Model
- Milestone 6: Create a Shared Document-Driven Component
This "Get started" guide covers the very first steps of website development with Bloomreach Content through minimalistic examples of the "Hello World" type. These examples allow new developers to focus on a single aspect of the platform at a time without getting distracted by the complexity of a real-world application.
For developers ready to step up to the next level, Bloomreach also provides a more extensive tutorial that goes more in-depth and uses the Reference SPA for a more real-world-like application context.
Content Crash Course
Before you start, consider following the Content Crash Course offered by our Academy. It provides a high-level overview of the Bloomreach Content solution in under 25 minutes. During this course, you will learn about the product features and capabilities and be guided through the application interface and tools.
If you have any trouble signing up for the course, please refer to the Bloomreach Academy enrollment guide for help.
Before you start this tutorial, make sure that:
- You are comfortable working with your computer's command line and a text or code editor.
- You have the latest LTS version of Node.js installed and are familiar with using the Node package manager.
- You have a Bloomreach Content developer trial account. Contact Bloomreach to request your trial account if you don't have one yet. Alternatively, use the public shared developer environment.
You should have received an email from Bloomreach containing the URL of your Bloomreach Content developer trial account along with your log-in details.
The URL should look like this, where [account_name] is the name of your trial account:
You'll see the following landing page at that URL:
Click on LOGIN and on the next screen, enter your username and password.
Once you are logged in, feel free to look around and open the different applications available in the left navigation.
In this tutorial, you'll mostly be working with the Experience Manager Application.
A channel is a website or a translation of a website. A single Bloomreach Content environment can manage multiple channels. See the Experience Manager Application user guide and the Site Configuration developer documentation for more info.
When you are ready, you can start with the first milestone!
Updated 11 months ago