brX Content High-Level Architecture
The Content module powers the content and experience management pillar of brX, Bloomreach's digital experience platform. It uses a modern SaaS-based, API-first architecture and is based on the configuration over code principle.
This page provides a first-glance, high-level overview of the architectural design of brX Content. Considering its SaaS-based nature, the focus is on the contact (UI) and integration (APIs, SDKs) points. Internal implementation details are only covered at a very high level.
For a more detailed look under the hood of the SaaS hosting archictecture and its resulting quality attributes, please refer to brX Content Hosting Archictecture.
The intended usage of these components is as follows:
- Developers use the Management APIs and the Authoring UI to preconfigure content types and site configuration within development projects.
- Developers integrate Customer Front-end applications with the SPA SDKs to consume aggregated page models provided by the Delivery APIs and render the final webpages and/or mobile UIs.
- Content Authors/Editors and Site Editors use the Authoring UI to create and edit content and pages and manage projects and campaigns.
The diagram below shows how these components are interconnected.
The Content module itself consists of 3 main components: Delivery Tier, Authoring and Config Development, and Repository.
- Delivery Tier
The Delivery Tier handles Delivery API requests by mapping them to page layouts and content using site configuration managed by Site Developers and Site Editors and stored in the repository.
- Authoring and Config Development
The Authoring and Config Development application enables:
- Content Authors and Content Editors to manage content (using the brX webapp)
- Site Editors and Site Admins to manage pages, components, projects, and campaigns (using the brX webapp)
- Site Developers to manage content types (using the brX webapp) and site configuration (using the Management APIs) within development projects.
The Repository is where all content and configuration is stored. The Repository is not exposed - developers and users only interact with the Management and Delivery APIs and and the Authoring and Config Development application and never directly with the Repository.
Access Control to Authoring and Config Development uses Bloomreach Identity Management.
The Content module is built on the brCloud hosting platform and designed around blue/green upgrades for low risk and increased availabilty. For more details on the hosting architecture and its quality attributes, see brX Content Hosting Architecture.
Customer Front-end and SPA SDK
The Customer Front-end application consumes aggregated page models from the Delivery APIs and renders the final webpages and/or mobile UIs to the client.