Release Notes Archive 2022
This page contains archived information on Bloomreach Content (SaaS) releases in 2022.
For the latest release notes see Release Notes & Documentation Updates.
- Site Admins can now unlock locked pages in the Experience manager.
- Improved UX when creating a translation group in the Experience manager.
- The content of page-specific components extending the base Text Search Results component is now properly exposed through the Delivery API.
- The Channel settings dialog no longer incorrectly marks some fields as required, which prevented users from saving their changes if those fields were left empty.
- Translating a document from one translated channel to another no longer fails if the channels are part of a project.
- It is no longer possible for users without the required role(s) to edit or delete a translation group.
- The Content Batch Import API no longer incorrectly removes certain nodes and mixins, which lead to unexpected behavior and errors.
🎉 New Features
- Channels can now be organized in Translation groups within the Experience manager's Channels overview.
- Commerce Pickers for several commerce backends have been added to the Integrations Library.
- A new page layout created within a development project is now immediately usable in the Experience manager.
- Documents or Experience pages that were locked for editing by a user will now be unlocked automatically after the user logs out or after 10 minutes of inactivity on a specific document.
- Performance of the sitemap tree in the Experience Manager has been improved for sites with large numbers of pages.
- We made several UX improvements in the Experience Manager.
- Users that have the Site Admin role in addition to the Site Developer role can now create API tokens with an extended duration. Users with only the Site Developer role are still limited to creating tokens with a maximum 30-day duration. This is intended to support use cases involving external automation, such as a CI/CD tool.
- The Cloudinary integration now uses the derived asset to generate HTML in the Rich text editor. If no derived asset is available, the original asset is used.
- A page can now be copied from one channel to another without losing any components if both channels define the identical page layout, component types, and content types used by the page. The copy will now be rejected in case of a mismatch in definitions.
- When deleting a menu item in the menu editor, the confirmation dialog no longer incorrectly omits the name of the menu item in some languages.
- When External preview is enabled for a channel, the Preview button in the Experience manager now links to the external preview of the current page, instead of always linking to the channel's homepage.
- We improved the reliability of the page cache for the Delivery API.
- Some internal fields that were previously included in the Delivery API response for resource bundle documents have now been removed from the response output.
- The Delivery API now always returns an error in case of an invalid preview token.
- The Content Batch Export API now correctly includes the "allowedFolderTypes" property for exported folders.
- Creating an API token with Project Management API Read or Write scope no longer fails.
- Preview tokens within a project are now always unique to that project and inconsistencies in API responses due to tokens shared between projects are no longer possible.
- The Reference SPA's Content component now displays the Manage content button.
- The Content component included in the Blank channel template is now configured correctly so that its metadata can be edited. This bug was blocking developers in Milestone 1 of Get Started with Bloomreach Content.
- Management APIs now behave correctly with content that uses a non-default content type namespace, such as the content types included in the storefront templates.
- In the Site development app, new properties added to a channel are now immediately displayed in the property values tab.
🎉 New Features
- It is now possible to reopen a project using the Project Management API.
- Enabling the Bynder or Cloudinary integration now automatically also enables the corresponding CKeditor plugin in the rich text editor.
- The Vue Storefront channel template is now properly configured to allow creating content within the Experience manager.
- Index matchers used in routes no longer result in incorrect links in the response of the Delivery API's Pages endpoint.
- The Site development app's UI no longer restricts simple properties to String type only.
- The Site Management API's GET channel operation no longer fails to retrieve channel details for the core branch in case the channel name contains a hyphen.
- Retrieving a page using the Content Batch Import API's GET operation no longer fails with an error in case the relevant channel is new and has never been opened in the Experience manager's channel preview.
Documentation Update November 3rd, 2022
- We added a GraphQL playground to try out our GraphQL Commerce API! Please read the instructions before using. Please note that the GraphQL playground is a beta feature of Readme, our documentation platform.
- We added detailed documentation about formatted text and rich text HTML fields to the Content Type Editor documentation.
- We updated the Layouts page in the Site Configuration Model documentation with definitions of the different layout types (abstract, page, and xpage).
- We added a guide explaining how to Implement Next.js Internationalized Routing in the Reference SPA.
🎉 New Features
- The new Project Management API enables Bloomreach Content developers to manage projects in a running Bloomreach Content environment. The Project Management API enables project operations mostly related to automation of project workflows. These operations only work in the context of developer projects.
- We improved the error messaging when the “type” field is omitted in a Content Batch Import API payload.
- We improved the error messaging when a page is edited via Content Batch Import API but the page’s channel hasn't been added to the project yet.
- When previewing a video selected in a Bynder document field, the video frame size is now displayed in the correct size.
- The Cloudinary picker dialog now works correctly within the Experience manager.
- The link picker for a content field in a page-specific component now correctly pre-selects the configured folder.
- Deleting a component from an Experience page is no longer prevented in some scenarios working with a project-specific variant of the page.
- Image Sets are no longer sometimes incorrectly serialized as documents in the Delivery API's Pages endpoint's response.
- Index routes now correctly handle unpublished documents within a project context.
- When creating or editing content through the Content Batch Import API, the "createdBy" and "updatedBy" fields are now set to the correct user instead of "system".
- The Bynder integration now supports "SingleSelectFile" mode.
- Improved validation and error messaging in the Content Batch Import API.
- Index routes are now correctly labeled with the relevant folder name instead of "index" in the Sitemap in the Experience manager.
- Routes that act as a parent route and have no page configuration themselves are no longer clickable (and no longer lead to an error page) in the Sitemap in the Experience manager.
- The Cloudinary asset preview now correctly shows the selected variant instead of always showing the original.
- Many UX improvements have been made to the Site development app.
- On completion of an export job, the Content Batch Export API now includes the generated file size in the status response.
- The Content Batch Export API now excludes folders from the modifiedAfter filter.
- The Bynder integration configuration screen now has a Test connection button.
- Product numbers are no longer missing on product-related pages in the Reference SPA.
- The Content Management APIs Get Document operation now also retrieves unpublished documents for core (instead of only for non-core projects).
🎉 New Features
- The new Cloudinary integration enables connecting to a Cloudinary DAM system in the Bloomreach Content UI so that digital assets stored in Cloudinary are available for use in Bloomreach Content.
- The Bynder integration now supports adding video assets to documents.
- Improved UX in the Remove integration dialog when removing an integration that is being used in a content type.
- Deleting a completed project no longer fails in certain scenarios.
- Adding a new user no longer fails after a previous attempt to create a user with the same information was cancelled.
- Navigating from the Experience manager to Content audiences no longer results in a 404 error page in certain scenarios.
- Adding an integration with an empty Integration ID field no longer fails silently.
- A typo in the description of the Engagement integration has been fixed.
🎉 New Features
- The new Engagement project integration enables Site Admins to add Bloomreach Engagement projects in the Bloomreach Content UI for automatic synchronization of segmentations, to be used for segment-based page-level personalization.
- The new Bynder integration enables connecting to a Bynder DAM system in the Bloomreach Content UI so that digital assets stored in Bynder are available for use in Bloomreach Content.
- It is now possible to opt-out of the
endpointquery string parameter in the Experience manager's channel preview iframe by setting the new
remoteHostProtectionproperty of the channel to
false. This prevents triggering the remote inclusion rule in certain Web Application Firewalls. For details see SPA Integration Troubleshooting.
- We made improvements to the Product Highlight and Category Highlight components in order to reduce the number of separate GraphQL queries executed by the browser in case of multiple commerce components on a single page.
- Several bugs in the Experience manager editing experience for page-specific components have been fixed.
- Merging a project into core no longer erroneously invalidates the external preview token for the core channel.
Documentation Update August 25th, 2022
- We published new Integrations Library documentation.
- We've also added 3 pieces of documentation about our External Preview feature: check out External Preview in our Get Started for Developers section and our user guides Enable External Preview for the Experience Manager and this section for Projects.
- Take a look at our Index Routes tutorial on rendering default documents when URLs match a route mapped to a folder.
🎉 New Features
- The Folder Management API is now available, allowing developers to create and configure content folders, including metadata such as the locale and allowed content types for a folder. It also allows developers to list the content items contained within a folder to support scripting use cases.
- The Content Batch Export API is now available as beta feature, enabling developers to export large amounts of content from a Bloomreach Content project. There may be known issues with this feature in this version, so please use with caution. The final version is expected in a following release.
- Developers can now configure custom integrations in the Bloomreach Content UI. At this point, there is one extension point for document fields in the content editor. In the future, more extension points will be added.
- The SPA SDK version 16.0.0 supports a new non-blocking render mode (NBRMode) which can be used to decrease the time for your application to load fully on the client side. By default NBRMode is disabled to avoid breaking existing setups. Please test to assess any changes in end-user experience before enabling NBRMode in production.
- It is now possible to specify a country and language (combined as locale) as well as an icon when creating a new channel in the Experience manager. A channel's icon and locale can also be retrieved and updated through the Site Management APIs Channels endpoint. The locale is included in the Delivery API's Pages endpoint's response.
- The Page endpoint of the Content API no longer returns an error on a PUT operation when the page configuration contains a Boolean type component parameter with an "on" or "off" value.
- The Experience manager no longer fails to save new list items within page-specific components in certain scenarios.
- Adding a new value to a multi-valued content field in the component editor using the link picker no longer results in an error after adding a certain number of values.
- This release contains updates related to GraphQL infrastructure improvements. Customers may be required to make minor configuration changes once the improvements are fully implemented. Further communication will follow.
Documentation Update July 13th, 2022
- We expanded our personalization documentation in Content Audiences with a new Personalized Landing Pages user guide.
- We updated our API library with our new Content Batch Import API which enables developers to import large amounts of content into a Bloomreach Content project. We also released a complementary Import Content user guide!
- We published a Postman Collections page about using the new Bloomreach Content public Postman workspace and updated individual Management API landing pages with a Run in Postman button.
- Check out our new Content Help Center which aims to answer any questions or doubts you may have!
🎉 New Features
- The new Content Batch Import API is now available! API reference documentation has been published along with an Import Content step-by-step tutorial.
- It is now possible to generate external preview URLs for a channel's frontend application and Delivery API endpoints. These URLs can be generated for a channel's Core or for any branch within a project context. The URLs can be used by developers for easier debugging and they can be shared with stakeholders who do not have access to the Bloomreach Content environment.
- We made several improvements to the Open API specifications for our Management APIs in order to improve the usability of the interactive API reference documentation.
- We improved our support for Postman by creating a Bloomreach public Postman workspace containing collections for each of our Management APIs and adding Run in Postman buttons to the relevant documentation pages.
Documentation Update June 29th, 2022
- We added a new Landing Pages user guide.
- We added a new Overview for Developers landing page.
- We updated the Site Management API reference documentation with newly added menu operations that allow developers to have more fine-grained control of menu items.
- We updated the Delivery API's Pages Endpoint documentation and the SPA Integration Troubleshooting page with information about handling the page version identifier in custom frontend integrations.
🎉 New Features
- The additional menu operations in the Site Management API - providing developers with more fine-grained control over menu items - that were in beta phase since release 20220615 are now officially released and supported.
- The Reference SPA has been updated to React 17.
- We made improvements to the Management APIs' Open API specifications in order to make the interactive API reference more useful, specifically:
- It is now possible to create an example request for the Content Type Management API's Create or update a content type endpoint.
- We improved endpoint descriptions.
- We updated embedded documentation links.
- When previewing a project branch of a channel in the Experience manager and navigating to the channel overview and opening the same channel, the core version of the channel is now opened instead of the previously opened project branch.
- When creating a new project and entering a project end date without a start date, the Create button now remains disabled and a feedback message is displayed.
- In the Site Management API, when specifying component and channel parameters, specifically of type
imagesetpath, the new
enableUploadproperty is no longer ignored on PUT operations.
Documentation Update June 16th, 2022
- We added Synchronize Segmentations as a sneak preview for this upcoming feature.
- We added a Frequently Asked Questions page under User Guides. We'll be adding more questions and answers as we go.
- We added a paragraph about index matchers to the Routes documentation page and published a one page Index Routes developer tutorial.
- It is now possible to upload an image within the image picker in the Experience manager app, consistent with the image picker in the Content app.
- Improved validation of URLs in the Front end URL configuration dialog for a channel in a development project.
- Developers now have more customization options to control the folder where a link picker will start, immediately after an editor clicks to add a new link.
- Developers now have more fine-grained control over menu items through additional (beta) menu operations in the Site Management API.
- The channel preview iframe no longer reloads unnecessarily when switching from editing content to editing component properties in the right drawer.
- Editing a component's properties after navigating away from the page the component is on is now handled correctly when personalization is enabled.
- In the Site development app, unsaved changes to a component's properties are no longer lost after editing and saving the component's details.
- 'Blueprints' have been renamed 'Channel templates' in the new channel wizard.
- The value in the URL name field in the New folder dialog in the folder picker in the Experience manager is now automatically generated based on the Name field or regenerated when clicking on the refresh button.
- UX improvements in the API token management dialog.
- The names of the Reference SPA's configuration properties related to Bloomreach Discovery have been updated, replacing "SM" with "DISCOVERY". Customers planning to use the latest Reference SPA version must use the new variables defined in the the env.dist file.
- Outdated Help links in the Navapp menu have been updated.
- Spacing issues in the Channel settings UI have been fixed.
🎉 New Features
- The Reference SPA frontend implementation has been reimplemented to use (partial) server-side rendering (SSR) based on Next.js. Previously it used client-side rendering (CSR) based on Create React App. This change was made to better align with typical implementation scenarios and improve SEO and conversion.
- A new, dedicated "page" content type with extensive predefined SEO fields has been added to the Reference SPA channel template and all pages in the template are now based on this content type.
- A new folder picker improves the folder selection user experience while creating new pages in the Experience manager app and enables site authors and editors to create new folders directly from within the picker.
- Site development app improvements:
- Navigating away from a page layout with unsaved changes now triggers a pop-up asking to save or discard the changes, or to cancel navigating away from the layout.
- The base component group is now read-only and cannot be edited.
- The Extends field in the component editing form is now a dropdown instead of a free text field and is populated with available base components.
- The list of components now shows the icons for components that have one defined.
- Experience manager app improvements:
- Sorting of channels in the channel overview in the Experience manager app is now case insensitive.
- The buttons to enable/disable the component and content editing overlays has been merged into a single button to enable/disable the overlays.
- Document types for the Reference SPA channel template now use sentence-style capitalization for their display names, consistent with the rest of the Bloomreach UI.
- Delivery API improvements:
- The Delivery API status check now always returns status 200 when it's available, even if no channels are defined. Previously, a 404 response was returned in this situation.
- The API details item in the Setup menu has been renamed to Discovery API details to avoid confusion with Content APIs.
🎉 New Features
- It is now possible to configure a different Discovery realm (staging or production) for the Commerce Pickers per channel in the channel settings in the Experience manager. This is intended to be used in the context of a Project to work with product data from the Discovery staging realm.
- In the Site development app, values of newly created component properties are no longer erroneously showing as empty on subsequent editing.
- The Content tab for a newly added page-specific component is no longer showing as empty in the Experience manager.
- The Site development app received many functional and usability improvements following feedback on the first beta release.
- Picking an internal link on the Content tab of a custom component no longer results in an error in certain use cases.
- Icons for disabled options in Publication menu in the Content application are now properly greyed out as expected.
- Restoring a page template version in the Experience manager app now works as expected.
Documentation Update April 13th, 2022
- We now have an Introduction to Content SaaS page! It zooms in on the specifics of our product and guides you to great starting points.
- There is now a Content SaaS vs brXM page! On this page you will learn about the differences between our two Content products.
- We have also shared credentials to our Public Developer Environment, where you can try our Content SaaS product hands-on!
- Hovering over a page in the Sitemap tree in the Experience manager application now results in a tooltip showing the page's title.
- The application no longer freezes when selecting all referring documents in the Publish and Take offline dialogs.
- Changes made to a field group type using the content type editor are now immediately reflected in the content editor in the Experience manager application.
🎉 New Features
- Site development app (Beta)
- Site developers can now manage site configuration using the new Site development app in Bloomreach Content. The Site development app works as a GUI layer on top of the Site Management API.
- The Site Management API reference and Postman collection have been updated for display name support of component parameters field groups and selection option choice values of a component parameter.
- The Site Management API now supports labels of selection option choices in component and channel parameters.
🎉 New Features
- Page templates (Beta)
- Site editors can now save existing pages in a channel as page templates, edit page templates, and create new pages from page templates. This significantly speeds up creation of new pages of similar design.
- The Site Management API now supports display names for channel field groups and component parameters field groups.
- The namespace prefix for contentType is now optional when creating a page-specific component using the Site Management API.
- The page status banner at the top of a page in the channel preview no longer shows an outdated publication status in some cases.
- Creating a content type containing a link type with a null pickerType value using the Content Type Management API no longer causes the link picker not to open in the content editor.
- Hitting the Enter key in the search box the link picker dialog now works as expected.
- Developers can now configure folders to be used for specific content types that are part of an active development project, but not yet published.
- Package dependencies for the Bloomreach Spartacus Library were updated to resolve high vulnerabilities reported by npm.
- Content type display names in the Edit allowed content dialog now include group names as expected.
🎉 New Features
- New Channel templates for SAP Spartacus and Vue Storefront enable developers to have a starting point that integrates Content with a storefront as a reference for building their own commerce project.
- It is now possible to add a separate display name to a content type.
- The OpenAPI specifications for the Management APIs have been improved in order to generate better API reference documentation.
- Improved error messaging and documentation related to attempting to create a content type using a reserved name.
- Improved error messaging in the "Add document" dialog.
- Improved user input validation in the Content application.
- The way banners are rendered by the "Banner gallery" component has been improved and now better takes into account which content fields are filled for each banner.
- UX improvements related to restricting document types per folder ("Edit allowed content..."). Display names are now used and newly created document types are automatically included in the dropdown.
- Rich text fields in the in the Experience manager's content editor no longer assume a width that is wider than the sidebar in case of out-of-bounds content. Such content is now handled by either wrapping or scaling, or adding a horizontal scrollbar, depending on the use case.
- Compound fields that have never been edited are now visble in the Experience manager's content editor.
- The Sitemap search box in the Experience manager's left sidebar no longer get hidden behind the scroll bar.
- The Reference SPA no longer displays the cookie consent popup within the Experience manager channel preview.
- Creating a content type with a name that is the same as a system field group type is no longer erroneously disallowed.
- The "Add new [content type] document" link for a disabled content type no longer results in the browser waiting indefinitely.
- The label for adding/allowing a Taxonomy document in a folder now properly shows the "Taxonomy document" name instead of an internal name.
🎉 New Features
- Cookie consent functionality has been added to the Reference SPA.
- The Content application's Edit allowed content dialog for a folder now filters out disabled content types.
- Disabled unpublished content types are now excluded from the Project workflow.
- The Content Type Management API reference documentation has been updated for the disabling of content types, a feature introduced in the previous release.
🐛 Bug fixes
- Merging a project into Core no longer incorrectly results in empty containers on merged pages in certain scenarios.
- Selecting a page-specific component on an Experience page while the page content editor is open in the right sidebar now properly closes the page content editor and opens the component editor.
Updated 16 days ago