URL Rewriter Enterprise Add-on
URL Rewriter is a servlet filter that is an extension of Paul Tuckey's UrlRewriteFilter, but instead of a packaged XML file, the filter is fed with rules managed dynamically in the CMS.
The URL Rewriter supports the following options:
- temporary-redirect - Redirect with 302 response code
- permanent-redirect - Redirect with 301 response code
- forward - Requests matching the "conditions" for this "rule", and the URL in the "from" element will be internally forwarded to the URL specified in the "to" element.
- redirect - Requests matching the "conditions" and the "from" for this rule will be HTTP redirected
- proxy - The request will be proxied to the full url specified.
URL Rewriter started off as a community-supported plugin. In order to ensure the plugin's continued fitness, as of CMS 12, it is also available as an Enterprise Add-on (documented here). The community-owned, open source version of the plugin is still available on https://github.com/bloomreach-forge/url-rewriter, and its documentation can be found at https://bloomreach-forge.github.io/url-rewriter/.