What is the Translations Add-on?
The Translations Add-on enables the automatic sending and receiving of translations between Bloomreach Experience Manager and API based translation platforms.
- Editors request translations in one or more languages for a given document. The document is sent to the external system.
- When the translation is finalized in the external system, the translated document is sent (push) back to or pulled back into the Hippo repository, for the editor to review and publish.
Version 2.x following up on version 1.03
Version 2.x is a rewrite of version 1.03 for Hippo 11 and adds a number of features. The main changes in version 2.x compared to version 1.03:
- the ActiveMQ layer has been removed, greatly simplifying installing and running the addon
- translation requests are saved in a separate job store in the repository (instead of on the individual documents)
- bulk translation workflow via the Advanced Search module has been added
- translation history can now be viewed in the translation dialogue
- a translation status dashboard has been added showing the current status of translation requests
- many UI/UX improvements
Choose your connector and install the add-on into your Hippo project.
After installation, configure the add-on, which requires that an external translations service has been set up.
As admin, set up document types and fields.
See this screenshot and at the Configuration page.
As editor, request translations from the document editor.
See this screenshot and at the Request from Document page.
As editor, requests translations for multiple documents from the search perspective.
See this screenshot and at the Request from Search page.
As editor, see all translation requests from the dashboard.
See this screenshot and at the Overview Dashboard page.