Scheduling Multiple Ranking Rules for the Same Query or Category
Enables the brSM dashboard user to schedule multiple ranking rules for the same query or category in advance. For example, for the same category, the user can boost Black Friday related products during the Black Friday weekend, and also boost Cyber Monday related products for the Cyber Monday period. These changes can be made in advance and scheduled for a particular time.
What this feature solves
This features helps to optimize the time for a merchandiser by scheduling multiple settings for a ranking rule before hand. If the merchandiser has campaigns running back to back, he needs to get all the rules changed in a small time window between campaigns which sometimes, is midnight. This feature allows the user to plan for a whole season of campaign schedule well in advance, providing the ability to create long term plans.
Feature Demo Video
Ranking Rule Table Update
- The same category with different time scheduling rules :
- The user can set up multiple ranking rules for the same query. Each time schedule cannot overlap with each other, the only exception is user can setup a ranking rule for the same query with the schedule set to All Time and treat as a base rule. If the ranking rule with specific time schedule had expired, the base rule with no specific time duration will apply.
- The Enable ON/OFF action work like it used to be, it is controlling the activation of the rule but not the effectiveness. For example, a rule can be enabled (ON), but if the time schedule is already passed the end time, this rule will still not take effect.
- On the ranking table it only shows the date info of the schedule setting but not the time info. The user can see the date and time info once open product grid editor.
- The new rule action button:
- Edit: Click this action to edit the rule. If the rule has multiple test variants, it will default edit the currently active test variant of the rule.
- View test variants: Click here to bring up test variant modal to see which variants to include in the AB test.
View all rules associated with the current rule:
This will bring up a modal which contains all rules associated with the current rule. This function is helpful because the user will like to know other scheduling rules so they can avoid overlapping schedule. Especially the associated rules are not necessarily grouped together in the Ranking rule table, because it's default sorted by the last edit.
Delete: Now we have a more clear delete action, instead of hovering the rule name to show the trash icon beside.
- Rule Scope definition update: The rule scope includes 3 aspects now:
- Query/Category ID
Product Grid Editor Update
- Duration field: This function stay the same as is. The user can define the start/end date and time as they desired. The start date and time is recommended to be in the future of the current date and time. Time zone will be the local zone of dashboard user's location.
- Action update:
- Save as New Rule: This is a new function to enable more efficient workflow. It supports the user to base on an existing rule to create a new rule with a different audience or scheduling setup. If the user opens an existing rule and updates either the audience or schedule setting, the "Save as New Rule" action will be triggered. Prior to this update (March 13, 2019), the user has to start a new rule from scratch and add in the same query and new audience or schedule set up to achieve the same goal, which is more cumbersome.
- Save New Test Variant action is disabled when having an audience or schedule setup: This limitation is in place to ensure a clean AB test result.
Schedule Overlap Error Messaging:
If the user plans to save a new rule that overlaps with an existing rule (with the same query), this error message will appear if you click on Save or Save as New Rule.
Rules that can and can not apply this new scheduling ability
- Category Ranking Rule (single category, multiple categories (combo), All Category)
- Search Ranking Rule (single search query, multiple search queries (combo), All Search)
- Global Ranking Rule
- The multisite instance of above rules
- Widget rules
Not supported (yet):
- Facet management rules
- Banner rules (Campaign & Assets)
- Redirect Rules
Real-time Merchandising Rules SyncThe merchandising rule you set syncs instantly on your live site upon successful completion of the rule setting. You can view the sync status in the Search Ranking Rules of the dashboard. Click here to know more.