Content Type Management API Postman Collection
Postman is a popular API development platform. Their client app enables developer to create, save, and execute requests and inspect responses.
Bloomreach provides a Postman collection for the Content Type Management API in order to make working with the API easier for developers.
Import in Postman
- Import the brX environment into Postman
- Enter the appropriate values for the brxHost and contentTypeName variables for your environment and save your changes
- Import the Content Type Management API collection into Postman
- Configure authorization. All requests in the collection are configured to inherit this authorization configuration. Select the Content Type Management API collection and open the Authorization tab. Use the following parameter values:
- Type: 'API Key'
- Key: 'x-auth-token'
- Value: (your authorization token obtained through brX API token management)
- Add to: 'Header'
Running the examples
To successfuly run the examples, make sure that:
- You have a development project that includes document types
- In Postman, the 'brX environment' is selected (in the top right corner)
The GET examples and the example Put content type (first example) can be run without further configuration.
The examples Put content type (second example) and Put content type (third example) require the presence of other types / documents:
- Request Put content type (second example) requires the following documents to be present in the cms:
- A resource bundle document with id boolean.resource.bundle and 2 entries, with keys true and false
- Another resource bunde document with id brsm.example.bundle and at least 2 entries, with keys key1 and key2
- A taxonomy document with name testTaxonomy and at least one category in it, with key category1
- Request Put content type (third example) requires a few FieldGroup types, which are included in the collection:
- In Postman, run requests Put fieldgroup aFieldGroupType and Put fieldgroup aFieldGroupWithFieldGroupType to create the required FieldGroup types