Release Notes BloomReach Experience 12.0.4 & Hippo CMS V12.0.4
Januari 29, 2018
The new maintenance release 12.0.4 is available for general use. This release includes bug fixes and improvements in core, enterprise and plugins.
The new versions of these module artifacts have been made available earlier and are now bundled up in this maintenance release. If your project already uses such newer artifact versions via project pom overrides remove them before starting the upgrade procedure.
We encourage all projects to remain on the regular maintenance release. Using a tagged artifact that is not yet part of a maintenance release should only be done if there is a specific reason and only after testing in your specific project setup.
See the Security issues list for security related issues fixed in this maintenance release.
As of Hippo CMS 12.1.0, 12.0.3, 11.2.4 and 10.2.8, a new LockManager service is provided as a more scalable, lightweight and resilient solution to ensure sequential process execution across a Hippo CMS cluster. This new service provides a superior alternative solution from using ‘native’ JCR based locking. The LockManager servcice can also be used for obtaining cluster-wide master selection.
Technical details and more background information is online available at: https://www.onehippo.org/library/concepts/locking/lockmanager.html.
Using JCR locking for short living locks in general doesn't cause problems. If however longer lived locks are needed, the JCR locking API has limitations which may cause lock timeouts under extreme conditions with concurrent and long-running JCR sessions.
To guarantee proper locking semantics in a scalable way, even in such extreme conditions, a new LockManager service is provided which doesn’t use or depend on JCR.
This new LockManager service has been designed to be more lightweight and easier to use and manage, and now replaces all usages of the native JCR lock and JCR-based HippoLock API throughout the core of the product.
Note: The upgrade will by default automatically take care of setting up an additional database table needed for the LockManager. If database schema management is restricted in your environment please make sure to checkout the following upgrade notes first: Upgrade 12.0.2 to 12.0.3
BloomReach Enterprise Repository
First introduced in the v12.0 release, this maintenance release now provides the following enhancements for the BloomReach Enterprise Repository:
Protected concurrent initialization of multiple cluster instances. This enhancement, which uses the new LockManager service, now supports fast initialization and scaling out of clustered environment without delay. Without the protected cluster initialization, new cluster instances were required to be started one-by-one in sequence. This no longer is necessary which can hugely speed up creating or scaling out a clustered environment, especially when combined with the new Lucene Index Export Addon.
The Enterprise Repository will automatically be added when converting a project to BloomReach Experience with Essentials (see below).
Hippo CMS - Version 5.0.5
- [CMS-10944] - [Backport to 12.0] CKEditor hippopicker should define requiredContent rules per button
- [CMS-11058] - Update copyright year on login screen to 2018
- [CMS-11039] - [Backport 12.0] Improvement on validation of svg images
- [CMS-11049] - [UpdaterEditor Backport 12.0] Provide support for custom node selection/navigation
Hippo Repository - Version 5.0.5
- [REPO-1917] - [Backport 12.0] LockManager usage issue in clustered environment
- [REPO-1926] - [Back port to 12.0] SecurityManager doesn't sanitize userId in case of external providers to get memberships
- [REPO-1922] - [UpdateExecutor Backport 12.0] Provide support for custom node selection/navigation
Hippo Site Toolkit 2 - Version 5.0.4
- [HSTTWO-4193] - [Backport 12.0] When session pool is exhausted, binaries servlet can behave incorrectly possibly not freeing locked blocking cache entries
- [HSTTWO-4197] - [Backport 12.0] Content rest api - pagination no longer working
- [HSTTWO-4214] - [Backport 12.0] Improved sitemenu link validation
Addon Channel Manager - Version 5.0.5
- [CHANNELMGR-1658] - [BACKPORT 12.0] Session expired even if user still active during editing content.
- [CHANNELMGR-1679] - [Backport to 12.0] Site menu editor advanced settings not working properly
Hippo Enterprise - Version replication-5.0.5
- [ENT-1157] - [Backport 12.0] Make sure after the cluster wide lock is obtained, a JCR cluster sync is triggered
Hippo Enterprise - Version synchronization-5.0.2
- [ENT-1115] - Update replication demos for 12.0 GA release
Hippo Targeting - Version 5.0.5
- [BT-2026] - [Backport 12.0] Visitor not giving consent still ends up with a _visitor cookie
- [BT-2031] - [Backport 12.0] Make sure after the cluster wide lock is obtained, a JCR cluster sync is triggered