10.2.8 release notes
December 4, 2017
The new maintenance release 10.2.8 is available for general use. This release includes bug fixes and improvements in core, enterprise and plugin artifacts.
For Hippo Enterprise Customers and Partners there is additional information concerning upgrading from 10.2.7 to 10.2.8.
The new versions of these module artifacts have been made available earlier and are now bundled up in this maintenance release. If your project uses such newer artifact versions via project pom overrides, please remove them before starting the upgrade procedure.
We encourage all projects to remain on the regular maintenance release. Using a tagged artifact that is not yet part of a maintenance release should only be done if there is a specific reason and only after testing in your specific project setup.
See the Security issues list for security related issues fixed in this maintenance release.
As of Hippo CMS 12.1.0, 12.0.3, 11.2.4 and 10.2.8, a new LockManager service is provided as a more scalable, lightweight and resilient solution to ensure sequential process execution across a Hippo CMS cluster. This new service provides a superior alternative solution from using ‘native’ JCR based locking. The LockManager servcice can also be used for obtaining cluster-wide master selection.
Technical details and more background information is available at: Lock Manager service
Using JCR locking for short living locks in general doesn't cause problems. If however longer lived locks are needed, the JCR locking API has limitations which may cause lock timeouts under extreme conditions with concurrent and long-running JCR sessions.
To guarantee proper locking semantics in a scalable way, even in such extreme conditions, a new LockManager service is provided which doesn’t use or depend on JCR.
This new LockManager service has been designed to be more lightweight and easier to use and manage, and now replaces all usages of the native JCR lock and JCR-based HippoLock API throughout the core of the product.
Because lock management plays a critical role in core product features (Workflow, Scheduling, Relevance, Replication, etc.), the new LockManager service and its usages is also backported for all currently supported releases. The maintenance releases v12.0.3, v11.2.4, and v10.2.8 therefore now also provide this major technical improvement.
Note: The upgrade will by default automatically take care of setting up an additional database table needed for the LockManager. If database schema management is restricted in your environment please make sure to checkout the following upgrade notes first: Upgrade 10.2.7 to 10.2.8.
All artifact versions can be found on the Release version overview page.
Hippo CMS - Version 3.2.12
- [CMS-10961] - [Back port to 10.2] MixinPlugin: incorrect styling when mixin name has two words
- [CMS-11004] - [Backport 10.2.x] Fix NPE in TabsPlugin
- [ CMS-11008 ] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version
Hippo Repository - Version 3.2.9
- [REPO-1897] - [Backport 10.2] Implement new LockManager service and replace all deprecated HippoLock and HippoLockManager usages
- [REPO-1898] - [Backport 10.2] Provide (log4j1) Log4jInterceptor test utility class to suppress and/or capture log events during unit tests
- [REPO-1908] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version
Hippo Site Toolkit 2 - Version 3.2.9
- [HSTTWO-4136] - [Back-port to 3.2] - Non-ASCII URL parameter names are not encoded/decoded correctly
- [HSTTWO-4142] - [backport 3.2] QueryStringBuilder#encodeName does not use correct set of allowed characters
Hippo Site Toolkit 2 - Version 3.2.10
- [HSTTWO-4173] - [Backport 3.2] Integration tests issues due to IT tests extending from RepostioryTestCase and others using Spring wired repository
- [HSTTWO-4176] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version
Addon Channel Manager - Version 3.2.5
- [CHANNELMGR-1621] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version
Hippo CMS - Version services-2.2.2
- [CMS-10987] - [Backport 10.2] Add Lock Service through which you can acquire a (cluster wide) lock (without using JCR)
Hippo Plugins - Version relateddocs-3.2.3
- [HIPPLUG-1505] - Related documents: When "Total suggestions" is empty you cannot save or close a document
Hippo Enterprise Forms - Version 2.2.7
- [EFORMS-514] - In 10.2, FileUploadUtil#resetFormFieldValue doesn't reset the values
- [EFORMS-518] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version
Hippo Enterprise - Version replication-3.2.1
- [ENT-1142] - [Backport 10.2] Replace repository locks with LockManager in replication addon
- [ENT-1149] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version
Hippo Targeting - Version 3.2.6
- [BT-2016] - [Backport 10.2] Replace repository locks with LockManager
- [BT-2021] - Upgrade to latest CXF 3.0.x version