Bloomreach Cloud Restrictions and Limitations
Like any other software product, Bloomreach Cloud has some limitations and restrictions.
Because Bloomreach Cloud is designed for the cloud, applications cannot rely on machine characteristics. As consequence:
- One cannot rely on IP addresses of the ELB. See the FAQ IP address section for more information on this topic.
The following default restrictions are in place, values may differ for an individual stack:
- Maximum of 4 environments (for more contact your Account Manager).
- Maximum of 100 distributions. See API docs how to replace a distribution when uploading from CI.
- Maximum of 1 production environment.
- Maximum of 2 Humio users, for more contact your Account Manager.
- Automatic, daily backups are preserved for 90 days.
- Maximum nginx proxy buffer size is 8k bytes. This means applications cannot return more than 8kB of data in the response header of the website.
- Maximum size of the distribution supported is 650 MB.
- Site connection timeout is set to 60 seconds, i.e. the site application must return a response within 60 seconds.
- CMS connection timeout is set to 180 seconds.
The max upload limit for the CMS is 10MB. In Q1 2021 we will increase this to 15MB. It's possible to configure the upload limit in the CMS configuration to a lower value. We strongly encourage to be conservative with large uploads. Uploads will make the database grow very quickly, making backup and restore (very) slow. As consequence, disaster recovery and blue/green deployments will suffer from these slow backup and restore. As a general rule, your database size should not exceed 60GB. If your CMS is using a lot of images and/or high resolution images then consider using a Digital Asset Management (DAM). From v13.2 brXM has support for OpenUI and DAM plugins, see v13.2 release notes.
Bloomreach Cloud uses Humio for logging, there is a 60 days log retention in place.